Friday 12 April 2013

Racing for life.

I saw an ad for Cancer Research UK's Race for Life about an hour before I registered. The people in it were pretty much telling cancer to piss off. That is how I feel.

That is how I was inspired.

I was inspired to do this in memory of Dad. No better time? No. None.

Yes, Race for Life is a girl only event. No, Dad is not a girl (although he did dress like one in a play way way back in the day but that's a different story altogether).

But Dad DID help make me the girl I am. Take no prisoners. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

And I say this: Cancer, watch your back. You took a special one and I don't forgive you. Too bad. Don't let the door hit ya.

Let's run.

Support me and Cancer Research UK here: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/maxinesindanapal

You can donate in eight different currencies, so why not, eh?!  x  (https://justgiving-charity-support.zendesk.com/entries/22562057-Donations-made-in-foreign-currencies-)

3 comments:

  1. Fuck cancer!!!!!! Just fuck it.

    Good luck with fundraiser and the race!!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to turn such an angry negative into such a positive. This is why I love you so. You make me want to be better! Well said above. You are so needed as a Mom, wife AND friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both. I'm really jacked about this, it just feels like the right thing to do! x

    ReplyDelete